Planning a Trip to Paris?
Are you planning a trip to Paris? With this podcast you will learn all the tips you need to make wise choices about your trip to Paris and gain the confidence you need to navigate your way around Paris like a pro.
Find the Information You Need
We’ve talked about Paris so much on this podcast that we decided to group all of our Paris episodes into logical groups so it’s easier for you to find the information you need.
First Time in Paris
First Time in Paris: Visiting Paris for the first time? You need to read this page! We explain the best way to “do” Paris for first-time visitors and stay away from common mistakes. You’ll find a primer on transportation in Paris, recommendations on what area to stay in, the best sites for newbies in Paris and all that good stuff!
- 10 Things to Do in Paris for First Time Visitors, Episode 179 You’ll find things to do in Paris, where to stay in Paris and recommendations for Paris sightseeing.
- Tipping and 10 Things You Didn't Know About France, Episode 91 Tipping in Paris, how does it work?
- Paris Packing List, Episode 137 Not sure how to dress in Paris? It’s easy once you know these things about French people!
- Paris on a Budget, Episode 141 You’d rather go to Paris on a budget than not go to Paris at all? This is the episode for you!
- Are French People Rude? Episode 9 You need to learn the magic word in France and voilà French people will be super nice to you!
- Insider Tips for Visiting Disneyland Paris, Episode 157 Going to Disneyland Paris? Lucky you!
- 10 Tips for Getting Around Paris, Episode 67 Are you on the left bank or on the right bank in Paris? It’s easy after you listen to this episode.
- Paris Metro or Paris Bus? Episode 142 How will you get around once in Paris? We make it simple in this episode.
- Tips for Using Uber in Paris, Episode 151 Yes, Uber has come to Paris, this is how it works in the city of light.
- Table Manners in France, Episode 93 You need to listen to this one if you’re going to be going to restaurants in Paris.
- Secrets to Finding an Apartment in Paris, Episode 153 and Running the Paris Marathon, Episode 155 are a great resource for people going to Paris (possibly for the first time) to run the Paris Marathon.
Latin Quarter Walking Tour, Episode 7 Your very own self-guided walking tour of the Latin Quarter in Paris so you don’t miss any of the best streets.
Le Marais Neighborhood in Paris, Episode 27 Le Marais has become extremely popular in the last decade. Elyse explains why and why you need to visit it following her map!
The Lure of Montmartre, Episode 134 A walk around Montmartre, delightful or a complete tourist trap? Annie and Elyse don’t quite agree on this one, but there are ways to do Montmartre that are much better than others!
How Should You Plan your Trip to Paris?
Podcasts are one of the best way to learn anything. But we think that learning about Paris from this podcast is particularly powerful because we have produced episodes about so many wonderful places in Paris!
You’ll get to learn about the famous attractions everyone has heard of, but also hidden Paris gems that will surprise and delight you.
We think you need more than a superficial description from a guide book. That’s why we talk about Paris in depth so you can plan your trip to Paris fearlessly with the help of a couple of locals: Annie and Elyse.
And while we’re at it, please be aware of Paris attractions that you can totally skip! What to Skip in Paris, Episode 41
- Cluny Museum Walking Tour, Episode 8
- How to Prepare for Your Visit to the Orsay Museum, Episode 15
- Treasure Hunt in the Louvre, Episode 63
- Strategies for Visiting the Louvre Museum, Episode 21
- Centre Georges Pompidou in Paris, Episode 42
- Chocolate Museum in Paris, Episode 70
- The Curie Museum in Paris, Episode 79
- Free Museums in Paris, Episode 80
- The Rodin Museum in Paris, Episode 102
- Wine Museum in Paris, Episode 124
- The Orangerie Museum in Paris, Episode 136
Things to Do Near Notre Dame
- Île de la Cité, Episode 2 You’ll get a great feel for Paris when you spend some time on the Île de la Cité, a small island in the middle of the Seine River where Paris was born.
- The Sainte Chapelle in Paris, Episode 3
- Notre Dame Cathedral, Episode 4
- Notre Dame Architecture, Episode 5
- Notre Dame Cathedral Self Guided Tour, Episode 6
Off the Beaten Track Attractions in Paris
- Explore the Covered Passages in Paris, Episode 29
- The Catacombs and the Montparnasse Neighborhood, Episode 39
- How to Love Your Visit to Pere Lachaise, Episode 68
- The Pantheon in Paris, Episode 71
- How to Love Your Visit to Pere Lachaise, Episode 68
- Canal Saint-Martin in Paris, Episode 119
- Paris Sewer, Episode 125
- Moulin Rouge in Paris, Episode 126
- Opéra Garnier in Paris, Episode 127
Paris in 2 Days
- Layover In Paris On Your Own, Episode 73
- Paris Highlights You Can See in One Day, Episode 90
- Layover in Paris, Tour Guide Secrets, Episode 96
Paris Trip Reports
If you like to hear from other travellers, you will love our trip reports. Regular people come on the show to discuss how their trip went and share tips about things they wish they knew before they went!
- Paris Trip Report, Episode 77
- One Action-Packed Week in Paris Trip Report, Episode 104
- Two Dads and a Child in Paris, Episode 111
- Two Dads in Paris Part 2, Episode 112
- Paris with Children, Episode 129
- Romantic Paris, Episode 130
Learn More: French Lifestyle and Culture