CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
Two Dads in Paris Part 2
Two Dads in Paris is the continuation of Annie's conversation with David about their second trip to Paris, episode 111. That time they ventured into The Louvre and the Orsay museum and David gives great advice on how to do that with a child. They chose a hotel in the Marais which they loved, even if it was a bit of a splurge.
David gives great recommendations:
- What to do to kill time until it's time to check into your hotel?
- What's the best way to visit the Louvre with a young child?
- What about the Orsay Museun? Père Lachaise Cemetery?
- Will your child enjoy the food in Paris?
- And what about taking a day-trip to Paris while visiting London?
The show opens with a little rant: you cannot and should not try to visit 3 European cities in a week! Pick ONE and enjoy your time there instead of wasting money snapping selfies in front of monuments that will never mean anything to you. Buzzing around from place to place is not travel, it's vanity.
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Tour with Us Merchandise
Recommended in this Episode
Hotels Recommended in this Episode
Le Pavillon de la Reine. On the Place des Vosges, le Marais‐ serious splurge hotel, seriously worth it.
Advantages of this hotel:
- You wake up to your front yard‐ the Place des Vosges
- Walk through the Hotel Sully, to the Rue St Antoine, pick up a sandwich at Paul, walk down to the Seine, and have breakfast listening to the saxophonist under the Pont Marie...
- The Marais is your home base
Café Pouchkine, L'As du Falafel, Chez Robert et Louise, Benoit, Royal Turenne
Skip This Attraction
David recommends you stay out of the Saint-Ouen market, especially with kids and he explains why in the episode.
Discussed in this Episode
- Père Lachaise
- Eurostar Train
- Musée des Arts Forains
- Saint-Ouen Flee Market
- Paris with Kids
- Off the Beaten Track in Paris
- Valentine's Day in Paris