CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
Today's we go onto unexplored territory: We tell you about some things you might want to skip in Paris. It was bound to happen! You can only spend so much time in Paris that it's important for you to be selective without missing out.
I see too many people being persuaded to "go check this out" when I know for a fact that it's not really worth their time. That's the problem with travel forums or Facebook groups. You get 100 different opinions and you still don't know what to skip! If you've been listening to the podcast for a while you know we've tried many things, we don't like all of them, and we're straight talkers.
We Have No Dog in this Fight!
This is a good place to remind you that as an independent podcast, we don't stand to earn or lose anything by recommending things. We don't take money from any attractions or restaurants or anything in Paris. If we recommend a place it's because we enjoy it personally. And if we don't recommend a place (even though maybe it gets recommended all the time) it's because we don't care for it. It's as simple as that.
What to Skip in Paris
Every blogger seems to have set ideas of what to skip. As a conversation starter Elyse and I decided to read an old article by Christina Henry de Tessan Ten Things Not to Do in Paris. We don't agree with everything, but she makes good points and we expound on her thoughts.
- Don't Shop on the Champs Elysées
- Eat at Starred Restaurants?
- You May Not Want to Spend a Whole Day at the Louvre or Musée d'Orsay
- How Do You Dress Appropriately for Paris?
- Walk! Don't Go Around in a Cab
- Don't Seek Out the Bohemian Ambiance on the Left Bank
- Do Go to the Eiffel Tower!!!
- Don't Book the Cheapest Hotel
- Don't Fill Up on Croissants
- Don't Buy into Stereotypes Against the French
- Bâteaux Mouches
- Musée Rodin
- Walking Along the Seine
- Rue des Martyrs