CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
On today's episode we talk about the Louvre Museum to explore the best way to visit such a huge museum. Largest number of visitors in the world? Check! Second biggest the world? Check! Stunningly gorgeous? Definitely!
It is true that you could spend a few months in the Louvre Museum looking at everything and still not see it all. But don't let that intimidate you. We've got some tricks up our sleeves in this episode that will save you time and allow you to go to the art you have been longing to see.
Strategies for Visiting the Louvre Museum Episode Highlights
- Introduction: How did it get so big and famous?
- Biggest in the world? Yes and no
- The Louvre Museum as a building
- Maps, Bathrooms, and Wheelchair Access
- What If You Don't Have Enough Time in Paris?
- A Brief History of the Building
- 1400s through the 1600s
- Late 1600s
- How the Louvre Became a Museum
- Denis Diderot
- French Revolution
- Under Napoleon
- World War II
- The most important wings
- More on the collections
- Annie's complaint about the Mona Lisa
- Get organized! This is how
- The Pyramid by I.M.Pei
- How to avoid the lines
- How Much Time Should you Spend?
- The Denon Wing
- The Mona Lisa
- The Carousel Shopping Mall and Louvre Entrance
- Group entrance
- Conclusion: don't skip the Louvre, it is a marvelous experience! By checking out this podcast and preparing your visit, you are doing it right. Decide what art you're most interested in ahead of time and make sure to see that. It is so big and has such rich collections, that we can say with certainty that there is a great find for everyone at the Louvre Museum!