Best Value Restaurants in Paris
There are lots of restaurants in Paris and you could spend a lot of time researching every detail–if you’d like to do that, read reviews in French on Yelp, they are very informative.
But at Join Us in France we want to make your trip planning fast, easy, and effective. so here is our list of best value restaurants in Paris. These are restaurants we go back to time and time again because they serve delicious food, treat their customers right, and offer amazing value for the dollar.
If you can pay 100€ per person per meal, you’ll eat like a king in Paris. But some of us can’t afford 100€ per meal! We don’t want to eat kebab and sandwiches every day either. So, here’s Annie’s list of best value restaurants in Paris. I’ve tried them, they passed with flying colors.
- Chez Nous Wine Bar, 10 Rue Dauphine, 75006–There are expensive bottles but they will gladly bring you 15€-20€ bottles from a specific region of France. Tell them what you like, they will try to match it! Their appetizer plates are also a good value. This is a busy and loud place, for a more peaceful experience, go around 6 PM.
- Le Saint-Régis, 6 rue Jean du Bellay L’Île Saint-Louis 75004 Paris–Classic Parisian brasserie. Prices between 18€ and 30€ for lunch specials. They speak good English and you shouldn’t hold it against them because the place is also full of locals.
- Père Louis, 38 rue Monsieur le Prince 75006 Paris. They specialize in food from the South-West, they have a great wine list too. 20€-30€ for dinner, lovely staff, good for groups as well.
- Café Campana inside the Orsay Museum. The food isn’t why you go, but the food is good. Under 20€ for a pasta dish at a famous museum isn’t bad. You go for the clock view of course! And also because after spending 3 hours in the museum you’ll need to recharge your batteries before you go for 3 hours again. Amazing museum!
- L’Auberge des Deux Ponts, 7 Rue Des Deux Ponts 75004 Paris +33 1 46 34 29 33–This restaurant is one of a kind. The owner is both the waiter and the cook. He will single-handily whip up an amazing meal for you. Don’t go if you’re in a big hurry. Excellent value!
- Wine Tasting O Château, 68 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Paris, France–The sommelier will tell you all about the wine and they can serve some (stingy) appetizers. The wine lecture is interesting, the wine is good, the food not great.
- Cafétéria Galleries Lafayettes next to Opéra Garnier–This is a standard French cafeteria, but it’s a good French cafeteria. While you’re up there, also go to the roof terrace.
- Crêperie de Josselin, 67 Rue du Montparnasse, 75014 Paris, France–There are crêperies all over Paris, this one is one I like. I wouldn’t go particularly out of my way for it, but if you’re in the area, it’s a good one.
- L’As du Fallafel, 34 rue des Rosiers 75004 Paris–Very nice fallafels, but not the only good one in the area. Get there at noon sharp if you want any chance to sit down!
- Bouillon Racine, 3 rue Racine, 75006 Paris–Classic French service, 30€ menu, good for a romantic evening or if you need a quieter, more roomy restaurant. Don’t go with young kids.
- Essaouira, Moroccan Restaurant, 16 rue Magdebourg 75116 Paris–Beautiful decor, classic Marrocan food, classic service, really close to the Trocadero, 22€-28€ for dinner.
- Bistro 1, 4 rue de l’école de Médecine, 75006 Paris–Classic Parisian bistro, not too crowded, friendly, great value for the money, 15€ for the lunch menu.
There are good restaurants in Paris all over the place. To find the best value restaurants in Paris I recommend you read Yelp reviews in French rather than English. French people are 100 times pickier about their food than Americans are, so if they say it’s good, you can try it. It’ll also be good for your French language comprehension! I also don’t think it’s worth going far out of your way just because you read a good review on a blog, not even this one. There are best value restaurants everywhere in Paris!
If you find a great restaurant in Paris and want to share with the community, please leave a voice mail and I’ll play it on an upcoming episode! 1-801-806-1015.