CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
On today's show we go back to the patisserie, looking specifically at the Pastries of Northern France. Nothing wrong with having seconds, right?
Look For These Specialties When Visiting Northern France
The pastry specialties of the north of France include Tarte Tatin, Brioche Vendéenne, Eclairs, Napoleons, Madeleines, Pain d'épices, just to name a few.
What's Your Favorite?
Do you have favorite French pastry? Annie and Elyse have so many, they can't choose just one!
- Tourteau Fromager, Cheesecake French Style
- Cinnamon in France
- Are You a Cheese or a Pastry Person?
- Cakes from the Alps Region and Walnuts
- Beignes from the Alps
- Puff Paste Dough or pâte à choux
- Cakes from Picardie
- Cakes from Lille
- Cakes from Vendée
- Cakes from Brittany
- Palet Breton
- Cakes from the Paris Area
- Tarte Tatin
- Mille-feuille or Napoleon
- Cakes from Normandy
- Tarte Normande
- Dessert from Reims
- Biscuits roses de Reims
- Desserts from Alsace and Loraine
- Pain d'épices
- Black Forest Cake
- Pet de nonne
- French Jams with Funny Names
- Les couilees du Pape from Provence
- Gratte-Cul, rose hip jam
If you love to cook at home (a very French thing to do!) you should really check out this App for meal planning and shopping. I've been using it for a year and I don't know how I managed without it before!