Category: French Food & Wine
This episode features our frequent and very popular guest Elyse Rivin. If you enjoy her episodes, please consider supporting her on Patreon.
On today's episode Annie and Elyse have a good time talking about French food, food culture in France, and the way French people eat at home.
We also talk frankly about difficulties that people with special diets may encounter in France, particularly those who are vegetarian/vegan or have food allergies.
French people are quite set in their ways when it comes to food. What does that mean for visitors?
Can you listen to the whole thing without wishing for a lovely French meal? If you can, we didn't do this right!
Discussed in this Episode
- Ready to go to France? Ready-to-eat French Food?
- If I Say Let's Have French Food, What Do You Think About?
- What Percentage of the Monthly Budget Do French People Spend on Food?
- Food is NOT cheap in France
- What Do French People Have for Breakfast?
- Breakfast at a French Hotel
- Breakfast on Sunday in France
- Biscottes, It's a French Thing
- French Adults Often Have a Tiny Breakfast
- Why Are French People Skinny?
- Meals Are Served at Set Times in France
- Lunch in France
- When It's Meal Time French People Eat a LOT!
- French People Are Choosy About What They Eat
- Where Do French People Buy Their Food?
- French People LOVE Yogurt and Cheese
- Bread in France
- French People Want to Know Where Their Food Comes From
- Wine Drinking in France
- Vegetarians in France
- Older French People Don't Think of Wine as Alcohol
- French People Are Not Adventurous When It Comes to Food
- The Only "Ethnic" Food You Will Find Everywhere in France is North African
- French People Will Tell You What You Should and Shouldn't Eat
- France Is Tough for Vegans and People Who Suffer from Food Allergies
- Smoking in Restaurants in France
- Halal and Kosher Food in France
- French Regional Food
- Do French People Really Eat Frog's Legs and Escargots?
- Foie Gras Is Not Controversial in France
- French People Eat a Lot of Oysters on the Half-Shell
- "Lait Cru" Cheeses (Made with Unpasturized Milk) Are Common in France
- For more on French food, listen to our other episodes on Cheese, Pastries of Southern France and Pastries of Northern France, Chocolate and Macarons, and all the episodes in the Food and Wine category on this website.
Learn More: French Food and Wine
FOLLOW US ON:
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Audio Tours Merchandise
If you enjoyed this episode, you should also listen to related episode(s):
- A Primer on French Cheese, Episode 19
- French Pastries of Southern France, Episode 34
- Pastries of Northern France, Episode 35
- Chocolate and Macarons, Episode 36
- A Cornucopia of Bizarre French Foods, Episode 193
- Traditional French Recipes for Thanksgiving, Episode 172
- Table Manners in France, Episode 93
Read more about this episodeShow Notes
Category: French Food & Wine