CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
In this special episode on D-Day History and the Normandy Invasion, Annie and Elyse remember the events of D-Day seventy years ago and the bravery of people involved.
Putting D-Day into Context
Elyse puts the whole tragic day into context: events leading up to it and a few critical details of what happened on that day. Then we share our experiences visiting the beaches in Normandy, the museums, the cemeteries.
French People Are Still Grateful and Continue to Remember D-Day
This is definitely a sobering and emotional topic, but seventy years later we should ask again: Are French grateful today? What are you likely to experience when you visit? Did this day truly change the course of time?
- Introduction: 70th Anniversary celebrations in France
- Setting the stage for the invasion: major players
- The decoy operation
- Preparations for D-Day
- The invasion
- Breakdown of troops by nationality
- The Battle of Normandy
- Memorials in Normandy
- Conclusion: D-Day History plays a big part in French history and French people have not forgotten
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Tour with Us Merchandise
Share this episode
If you enjoyed this episode, you should also listen to related episode(s):
- Trip Report on Normandy and Paris, Episode 101
- Normandy WW2 Trip Report, Episode 116
- All the Light We Cannot See and Saint-Malo, Episode 140