Discussed in this Episode
- What Is Paris Like in 2021?
- La Samaritaine
- Mask Compliance in Paris
- Will I Test Negative Before I Return Home? The Carnavalet Museum
- The Parvis de Notre Dame is still not fully open to the public
- Classic restaurants in Paris
- L'Escargot de Montorgeuil
- La Rotonde
- Le Train Bleu
- Chez Dumonet
- Chez Janou
- Poilâne bread
- How to get a nice shot of the Eiffel Tower
- A great walk in Paris
- A favorite spot on the Île Saint Louis: Place Louis Aragon
- Pay attention to the details on your Covid test
We just returned from Paris about 2 weeks ago now. It was certainly a very unique experience! This was our first major trip since COVID, we are lucky to both be fully vaccinated and in good health.
We felt comfortable going to Paris because I know they have an excellent vaccination rate and generally are very good at following masking rules. We were there before the current rules, so our American vaccine cards allowed us access to the museums without problem.
Between all the Parisians being on vacation and much fewer tourists, this was the most empty I’ve ever seen Paris. That being said, we still had an amazing trip.
It was so great to be back in France after nearly 2 years. We visited the recently reopened Musée Carnavalet and for our first time the Musée Rodin.
Thank you to Annie and Elyse for all the wonderful episodes and history that always enriches our trips! I just wish we could have stayed longer and had time to venture out into the countryside. A bientôt Paris!
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Audio Tours Merchandise
Read more about this guest-notesEpisode Page