Discussed in this Episode
- Pont du Gard
- Petit Lubéron
- Chateau de Lacoste and the Marquis de Sade
- Sentier des Ocres
- Le Colorado Provençal
- Notre Dame de la Garde in Marseille
- Le Panier in Marseille
- La Savonnerie de la Licorne in Marseille
- Cour Julien in Marseille (better restaurants than near the port!)
- Is Marseille a nice city to visit? Un Petit Cabanon restaurant in Marseille
- Bistro le 5 in Ménerbes
- Le Clos les Eydins
- Volver restaurant in Uzès
- Nuit Blanche
- La Maison d'Uzès and La Table d'Uzès
- La Fourchette
- Pass "La Liberté" in Arles
- Hiring a professional photographer
Sept. 24-Oct. 3, 2019
– We flew from Toronto to CDG –> train to Avignon (2 nights) –> drive to Baron (2 nights) –> drive to Bonnieux (3 nights) –> drive to Marseille (1 night) –> train to CDG and flight home
1. Avignon & area (2 nights)
– We stayed at a rental apartment with a lovely terrace that we found on booking.com
– Dinners at La Fourchette and L’Agape (both excellent!).
– Visited the Papal Palace and Les Halles.
– Day trip to Arles by train.
– We got La Liberte pass which allows entry to several monuments. We visited Les Arenes, Theatre Antique, Les Thermes de Constantin, Musee Reattu.
2. Gard area (2 nights)
– We picked up the rental car from Avignon TGV and drove to the Pont du Gard.
– We stayed at La Maison d’Ulysse in Baron, a small town just outside Uzes. It was our favourite place of all the different accommodations we stayed in!
– We spent a day exploring Uzes.
– Lunch and L’Occitane Spa at La Maison d’Uzes, visited the Medieval Garden, Places des Herbes.
– We saw this Bauhaus exhibit: https://www.destinationpupg.com/en/partenaire/rencontre-internationale-darts-construits-soit-riac-2-2/.
– Dinner at Volver – excellent restaurant.
3. Petit Luberon (3 nights)
– We drove to the Luberon.
– We stayed at Le Clos les Eydins a B&B in Bonnieux.
– We visited Bonnieux, Menerbes, Lacoste, Goult, Roussillon, Le Pont Julien, Lourmarin.
– Favourites: Sentier des Ocres, Chateux de Lacoste, dinner at La Bergerie (at La Bastide de Capelongue in Bonnieux), lunch at Bistrot le 5 in Menerbes, lavender ice cream in Roussillon.
– We hired a local photographer to do a sunset photo session (https://www.clementine-c.com/).
– We cooked a few meals at the B&B and got our groceries at Fresh in Gargas.
4. Marseille (1 night)
– We did not like our hotel so I won’t mention it.
– Favourites: Notre Dame de la Garde, Mucem exhibits and views, lunch at Un Petit Cabanon, dinner at Le Bistro du Cours, coffee at Blackbird Coffee, tea at A Cup of Tea, buying soaps at La Savonnerie de la Licorne.