This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure page for more details.
This episode features our frequent and very popular guest Elyse Rivin. If you enjoy her episodes, please consider supporting her on Patreon.
Today, Elyse shares with us the Top Attractions in Toulouse. It was hard to limit ourselves to 7 because this is our home town, but we have to start somewhere!
Ready to hear all about Toulouse, France from people who live there full time? Annie born and raised and Elyse who has been living there for 30 years?
It is significant that this is episode number 31. But only locals would know about that. Can you take a guess?
Top Attractions in Toulouse
- Top Attractions in Toulouse
- A city in the shape of a heart
- Tearing down the fortification walls
- A charming city
- A city for young people
- 7 things you should not miss when you come to Toulouse
- Saint-Sernin Basilica
- The Capitole and the reception gallery "Salle des Illustres"
- Les Jacobins
- Renaissance mansions in Toulouse
- Walk along the banks of the Garonne River
- The Canal du Midi
- Food Markets in Toulouse
- The first two weeks of August are dead in Toulouse
- The 4th July party for Americans in Toulouse
- Civil wedding in Toulouse
- Other top attractions in Toulouse: City Parks
- Aviation in Toulouse
- Food in Toulouse
- Conclusion: How to come to Toulouse
Toulouse Hotels We Recommend
We recommend these hotels based on the personal experience of our friends, tour members and business associates.
Toulouse City Center
Both of these hotels are right on Place du Capitole, wonderful for nightlife even though most rooms are quiet.
Toulouse Train Station
This hotel is located near the train station, there are some restaurants around, but not as good for atmosphere as the two above.
Toulouse Business Hotel
This hotel is located near a lovely park, the Toulouse Business School and a couple of medium size sports arenas. It is a favorite of Airbus business travelers because of its easy access to both the city center via metro and the belt-road by car. The area is not as lively as the city center, but there are many lovely restaurants in the area.
Learn More: Toulouse Area