This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure page for more details.
Today Annie Sargent brings you a conversation with Eddie Hamalian about visiting France with a baby. He’s quite the dad and a definite Francophile. His wife has family in France as well, so this was something they wanted to do. Eddie has great tips for all of you young parents who want to come to France with their baby. It turns out that French people love visitor who bring their children, but there are a few gotchas you need to be aware of. On this trip Eddie and his family went to Lyon, Annecy, Beaune, and Paris.
France Bootcamp May 21 until May 27 in Toulouse
If you haven't already, please fill out this form to let Annie know that you'd like to be invited to the party!
France Travel Update
For the travel update this week, Annie talks about the Père Lachaise for pets in Asnière-sur-Seine. A serene and very unusual place!
Recommended in this episode
- Quenlles de Lyon
- Yo-Yo Zen stroller
- Inglesina chair for restaurants
- Best Western Hotel International
- Le Jardin des 5 Sens on in Yvoire
- Cheese Fondue at Le Monchu in Chamonix
- Au Raisin Gourmand Restaurant in Beaune
- Le Caveau des Arches Restaurant in Beaune
- Restaurant Kalypso in the Batignolles neighborhood in Paris
- Le Costaud des Batignolles restaurant in Paris
- La Gazette Batignolles Brasserie in Paris
- Le Valmy Restaurant in the 10th Arrondissement in Paris
- Créatures Restaurant on top of the Galeries Lafayette in Paris near the Opera
- Video of the Pet Cemetery in Asnière-sur-Seine
France with a Baby General Recommendations
- Airbnbs are great because you can make it feel more like home
- Bring a stroller like the Baby Zen Yoyo
- Be prepared to change diapers in the stroller or on the grass. Most restaurants in France don't have room for a big changing table.
- Trains are difficult with a baby or children, it adds a lot of stress. Consider renting a car instead.
- Don't assume people speak English. Try French first! Ask "parlez-vous Anglais ?"
FOLLOW US ON:
Discussed in this Episode
- Bad Airbnb experience
- 10e Arrondissement the hip area
- Areas you want to avoid in Paris
- Avoid the area between Gare du Nord and Gare de l'Est
- Avoid Barbès
- Baptism at the Armenian Cathedral in Paris
- Celebration at the Créatures Restaurant on top of the Galleries Lafayette
- La Rentrée
- Forum des Associations