CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
Today we take you to Bayonne France in the Basque Country. Bayonne is a place of notable character, culture, history, and it has so much to offer to today's visitor too! Both Elyse and I love the place and we tell you why. And we wish you Happy Holidays French style too at the end of the show. Enjoy!
- Introduction to Bayonne France
- Historical Center
- What makes Bayonne so interesting?
- Bayonne and the history of chocolate
- The Bayonet and French Military History
- Things to do, see and eat
- Bayonne Ham
- Piment d'Espelette
- Poulet Basquaise
- Basque Cheese
- The Cathedral of Sainte Marie in Bayonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The oldest bullfighting arena in France
Subscribe to the Podcast
Support the Show
Recommended in this Episode
Bayonne Hotels We Recommend; for our discussion of hotels in this episode, skip to [48:34]
- Hotels near the Bayonne Cathedral: Mercure Bayonne Centre Le Grand Hôtel, Hôtel & Restaurant Des Basses Pyrénées, or the apartment hotel Temporésidences Cathédrale.
- On the other bank of the river, you could also stay near the train station in the Saint-Esprit neighborhood: Hotel ibis Bayonne Centre, or the Hotel Ibis Styles Bayonne Centre Gare
If you enjoyed this episode, you should also listen to related episode(s):