This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure page for more details.
This episode features our frequent and very popular guest Elyse Rivin. If you enjoy her episodes, please consider supporting her on Patreon.
Today we take you to Bayonne France in the Basque Country. Bayonne is a place of notable character, culture, history, and it has so much to offer to today's visitor too! Both Elyse and I love the place and we tell you why. And we wish you Happy Holidays French style too at the end of the show. Enjoy!
- Introduction to Bayonne France
- Historical Center
- What makes Bayonne so interesting?
- Bayonne and the history of chocolate
- The Bayonet and French Military History
- Things to do, see and eat
- Bayonne Ham
- Piment d'Espelette
- Poulet Basquaise
- Basque Cheese
- The Cathedral of Sainte Marie in Bayonne, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- The oldest bullfighting arena in France
FOLLOW US ON:
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guides Extras Patreon Audio Tours
Recommended in this Episode
Bayonne Hotels We Recommend; for our discussion of hotels in this episode, skip to [48:34]
- Hotels near the Bayonne Cathedral: Mercure Bayonne Centre Le Grand Hôtel, Hôtel & Restaurant Des Basses Pyrénées, or the apartment hotel Temporésidences Cathédrale.
- On the other bank of the river, you could also stay near the train station in the Saint-Esprit neighborhood: Hotel ibis Bayonne Centre, or the Hotel Ibis Styles Bayonne Centre Gare
Learn More: Episodes About the Bordeaux Area