CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
This episode features our frequent and very popular guest Elyse Rivin. If you enjoy her episodes, please consider supporting her on Patreon.
Together we continue to explore the Basque Country, in particular the village of Espelette, Saint-Jean-de-Luz and Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port. Even the names are exotic, aren't they? Wait until you hear about this gorgeous areas full of history and charm. Elyse brings it all to life in today's episode to inspire you to get out of Paris and explore a part of France with a strong regional character.
We also published another episode about Bayonne in the Basque Country. Make sure you listen to both if you're lucky enough to be going to the Basque country soon!
- The local Basque language
- Basque Country spans both some of France and some of Spain
- Local geography
- The Rhune Mountain
- Saint-Jean-de-Luz and the Corsaires
- Royal wedding at Saint-Jean-de-Luz
- A wonderful vacation place
- Food specialties you will love
- Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, the port that is nowhere near the ocean!
- Espelette and its famous protected peppers
Discussed in this Episode
- Basque Country
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Audio Tours Merchandise
If you enjoyed this episode, you should also listen to related episode(s):
- Bayonne France in the Basque Country, Episode 47
- Bordeaux, France a Historical Perspective, Episode 44
In Conclusion: this area lives up to its fame, you should take a trip all the way down the southwest of France and see for yourself. We didn't mention the Atlantic ocean very much in this episode, but it is never far.
The ending song for this episode is Hegoak sung by the A Croche Choeur Choir.