CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
Lyon is on the Rhone Valley and the second largest city in France. It is famous for its gastronomy and economic dynamism. But what is it like as a visitor? How much time should you plan to stay? What are the top attractions in Lyon?
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Audio Tours Merchandise
Recommended in this Episode
Hotels Recommended in this Episode: Annie stayed at the Ibis Styles Lyon Part-Dieu. It was clean, comfortable, quiet (despite the proximity to the main train station) , the breakfast buffet was good, the staff professional, and the nearest tram station is right across the street. We'd stay there again!
- Musings on how to select a hotel in a large city
- French tip of the week
- Answer to a listener question on health care in France
- The 6 most salient points in the history of Lyon
- #1 The capital of the Roman Gaul
- #2 Commercial hub during the Renaissance
- #3 The French Revolution
- #4 Top attractions in Lyon today
- #5 Auguste and Louis Lumière
- #6 The city during the Résistance
- Annie's visit
- La Fourvière Basilica
- A few other highlights
- What else should you visit nearby?
- Conclusion: food, wine, a beautiful downtown and a friendly athmostphere. These are the top attractions in Lyon!
Discussed in this Episode
- How to Choose a Hotel in France
- Top attractions in lyon
- Health Care in France