CLICK TO PLAY THIS EPISODE
What are the top attractions in Aix-en-Provence and how did it get so famous? Let me get to the point right away: it's beautiful, it has a rich history, great food, even better wine, a fantastic local culture and lifestyle. Yes, but what specifically? And what should you be sure to visit when you go? All the answers are in this episode!
Subscribe to the PodcastApple Google Spotify RSS
Support the ShowTip Your Guide Extras Patreon Tour with Us Merchandise
Share this episode
Recommended in this Episode
L'Œuvre by Emile Zola and Alcools by Apolinaire
Top Attractions in Aix-en-Provence
- Aix-en-Provence, the gateway to the Provence area
- Where did the name come from?
- Aix-en-Provence History
- Roman Empire
- The city loses its privileged position
- Becoming part of the French Kingdom
- The Wars of Religion
- Aix, the "Sleeping Beauty"
- What put Aix back on the map
- Top Attractions in Aix-en-Provence today
- French people rediscover Provence
- Author Emile Zola and Paul Cézanne had a falling out
- Aix as a typical example of Provence architecture
- The perfect place to for lunch: the Cours Mirabeau
- Shopping center Les Allées Provençales.
- A great place for people who love the sun!
- The Granet Museum
- Annie's favorite top attraction in Aix-en-Provence: the Cézanne painting studio
- Festival d'Arts Lyriques in Aix every July
- Elyse's favorite top attractions in Aix-en-Provence: the Saturday open-air market in Aix
- The Aix Christmas market and handmade Santons
- Calissons d'Aix
- Movies about Provence: Jean de Florette and Manon des Sources
- Provence Food: Aïoli Recipe by Jamie Oliver
Learn More: Provence Destinations
Discussed in this Episode
- Gorges de Régalons
- les Calenques de Cassis
- Marseille soccer
- Abbey de Sénanque