This post contains affiliate links, meaning I get a commission if you decide to make a purchase through my links, at no cost to you. Please read my disclosure page for more details.
This episode features our frequent and very popular guest Elyse Rivin. If you enjoy her episodes, please consider supporting her on Patreon.
In this episode of the podcast, Elyse Rivin takes us on a visit to the Saint Denis Basilica and reveals the shocking history of the place where so many French Kings and Queens were laid to rest.
- We'll hear about Abbé Suger who wrote about how light and color brings you to a sense of eternity and of heaven.
- We'll also hear about the shocking things Revolutionaries did to Saint Denis and to most of the bodies who were buried there.
- How Napoleon Bonaparte rebuilt Saint Denis.
- The restoration work by Violet le Duc.
- Why Annie and Elyse don't understand the vindictiveness of the French Revolution