Great Day Trips from Paris: Reims and Champagne Country
Are you ready to venture outside of Paris? We are going to tell you about several great day trips from Paris, starting with this one: a visit to the best attractions in Reims and Champagne country.
Would you like to tour France with Annie and Elyse? Visit Addicted to France to choose an upcoming tour.
Other day trips from Paris you may consider: Versailles, Chartres, Giverny, Chambord, Chenonceau, Cherverny, and Nancy.
To learn more about Champagne, listen to A Brief History of Champagne
Episode Highlights with Time Stamps
- [4′] Start at Gare de l’Est in Paris, which is a gorgeous Art Nouveau station
- [9’45”] Reims is famous for: Champagne and its magnificent Gothic Cathedral
- [12′] Lime stone tunnels
- [14′] Notre Dame de Reims Catheral
- [16’15”] The Cathedral where French Kings were crowned
- [20′] A signed Cathedral
- [21′] Stained-glass by Chagal
- [22′] The center of Champagne production
- Veuve Clicquot
- [23’20”] How you can visit Champagne houses
- [28’45”] Champagne retailers
- [32′] Reims is an Art Deco city
- [33’45”] How you can also visit Epernay
- [36’20] Champagne route for those who have a car
- [39′] Don’t put champagne in your suitcase, drink it in France!
- [43’45] Champagne at every price point
- [50’30”] Listener feedback
RSS | iTunes | Android | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn Radio