Today’s show was inspired by a listener question and revolves around this: what amazing things can you do in Paris if you only have a few hours? Maybe you have a layover in Paris on your way to another destination, maybe you have a few hours to kill before a business meeting, maybe you need to wait for a friend who is going to arrive on a different flight.
No matter how it came up, you have some time to kill in Paris. Don’t waste that time, make the most of it! How? I tell you exactly what to do in this episode. When time is short, having a good strategy is vital or all you’ll achieve is rush around and wave your flight goodbye. So let’s think it through and do this the smart way.
RSS | iTunes | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn Radio
Here are some of the questions Annie answers on the show:
- What’s the minimum amount of time you’re going to need to make the layover work?
- What do you do with your luggage?
- Do you have to take a taxi to save time during your layover in Paris?
- Can you use the RER train to get into Paris while on a layover in Paris?
- How about Les Cars Air France? Is that a good way to get to the center of Paris quickly?
- What are sites that are easy to enjoy while on a layover that will give you a good feel for Paris?
- What is the best thing you can do to fight jet-lag?
- What’s the minimum number of hours that will allow you to enjoy your layover in Paris inside the city?
- What are some great walks you could take to get a feel for Paris?
- What are some things you need to know to use luggage lockers in Paris?
List of public lockers at Paris airports and train stations.
Private lockers in Paris. The one I recommend you use is at 6 rue des Bernardins, 75005 Paris.
Places that Will Give You a Great Feel for Paris Quickly
- Notre Dame (episodes 4,5 and 6)
- Walk around the Ile de la Cité (episode 2)
- Quartier Latin (see our walking tour route in episode 7)
- Cluny Museum (episode 8)
- Sainte Chapelle (episode 3)
- La Conciergerie (no episode yet, hint, hint Elyse!)
Mentioned on this Episode: CDG airport, RER, Les Cars Air France, Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame de Paris, Tour Montparnasse, Bateaux Mouches.
To Prepare for Your Trip: Lonely Planet Pocket Paris