On today’s show, Elyse takes us to the UNESCO World Heritage city of Bordeaux and tells us a little bit of the story of Eleanor of Aquitaine as well as some of the unsettling parts of the history of Bordeaux having to do with the slave trade. We also go into the things you can visit in Bordeaux, and surprisingly we don’t talk about wine very much! Enjoy the show!
| Stitcher Radio
| TuneIn Radio
Continue reading Bordeaux, Episode 44
Today on Join Us in France we take you to the beautiful port city of Marseille in France. You may see an “s” at the end of Marseille in English, but not in French. Being French and stubborn, I will not add the “s”!
If you love our approach to travel and want to tour France with us, visit Addicted to France to look at upcoming tours.
Marseille is the oldest city in France and we’re here to tell you that it doesn’t deserve the bad reputation going around the internet. In Marseille you get lovely weather, great beaches, interesting museums, lots of ports and chances to get on the water, great food–can you say Bouillabaisse?!–great churches to visit and it’s a very popular cruise ship stop too! If you’ve never visited you need to get down there, you will not regret it!
- Marseille in the movies
- France tourism news
- A brief history of Marseille
- The Black Pleague
- Why is the French national anthem called “La Marseillaise”?
- Influxes of population in Marseille
- Marseille during WWII
- Marseille and the Pieds-Noirs
- Marseille is the French melting-pot
- Must-Sees in Marseille
- La Cité Radieuse by architect Le Corbusier
- Food in Marseille: la Bouillabaisse
- If you’re stopping in Marseille on a cruise stop
- Some things you need to know about taking the bus in France
Take the 5 minute audience survey here.
Support the show on Patreon.
| Android | Stitcher Radio
| TuneIn Radio
Continue reading Episode 37 Marseille