Overview of Paris Museums
In today’s episode, Elyse and Annie give you and overview of Paris museums. Big museums, small museums, museums that present great temporary exhibits, museums that appeal to locals, museums famous for their permanent collection. Odd little museums around a specific topic, museum who are good for visitors who bring children, and museums that are good for people who don’t really love museums.
If you’re preparing your first visit to Pairs, this episode is important for you because that’s how you’ll learn about what’s out there for you to enjoy besides the ones everyone has heard about like the Orsay and the Louvre.
We don’t list all Paris museums, there are too many, but we do our best to give you a comprehensive review of the wonderful Paris museum scene. And if you don’t understand some of the names of the museums we mention verbally, read on, the list is all written out here!
Don’t miss our tip about the Museum Pass for children and teens at the end of the episode!
RSS | iTunes | Android | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn Radio
Overview of Paris Museums: Museums You Will Learn About in this Episode
- The Orangerie Museum: Lilypads!
- The Louvre Museum: Make a Plan Before You Go
- The Orsay Museum: Popular and Approachable
- The Rodin Museum: Meet the Relentless Worker
- The Cluny Museum: Medieval Art and Culture (Closed until late July 2018)
- The Pompidou Center: Bringing Art to the People
- Musée Maillol: Great Temporary Exhibits
- Musée du Luxembourg: Temporary Collections Year-Round
- Centre Louis Vuitton of Contemporary Art: Headliners Only
- Delacroix Museum: a Tiny Bijoux in a Charming Neighborhood.
- Fondation Cartier: Contemporary American Arts
- André Jacquemart Museum: Prestigious Small Temporary Exhibits
- Guimet Museum of Asian Art: Trocadero Area
- Marmottan Monet Museum: Founding Pieces of Impressionism
- Petit Palais (Permanent Exhibit) and Grand Palais (Temporary Exhibits)
- Musée National Picasso Paris: That’s How Picasso Paid His Taxes!
- Le Palais de Tokyo: Edgy Contemporary Art
- The Museum of Modern Art of the city of Paris: Orsay Overflow and Great Temporary Exhibits
- La Bibliothèque Mitterrand: Exhibits Having to Do With Books, Printing, and Writing Systems
- The Jewish Museum, Musée d’Art et d’Histoire du Judaïsme: This Is Not a Shoah Museum
- Institut du Monde Arabe: Ancient and Contemporary Arts from the Arab World
- The Paris Museum of Natural History: Great for Kids!
- Le Musée de l’Armée and Napoleon’s Tomb: Made for Warriors.
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs and Espace Mode et Textiles: Amazing Temporary Exhibits
- Nissim de Camondo Museum: Elegance Past
- Le Musée du Quai Branly: Traditional Arts
- Le Musée des Égouts de Paris: Not for the Faint of Heart, It Stinks!
- Cité de l’Architecture et du Patrimoine, Musée des Monuments Français: Lifesize Reproductions of Most Famous Cathedrals in France
- Philarmonie de Paris: See It Up-Close!
- La Crypte Archéologique du Parvis de Notre Dame: Roman Ruins
- Le Palais de la Découverte, Universcience: Great for Kids!
- The Pantheon: a Secular Tribute to Great Men (and Too Few Women)
- Musée Grévin: a Museum of Celebrities Made of Wax
- Le Musée des Arts et Métiers: Foucault Pendulum and Beautiful Instruments
- The Paris Catacombs: Dem Bones Dem Bones Dem Dry Bones
- Homes of Famous People You Can Visit: Balzac and Victor Hugo
- La Maison de Balzac in the 19th Arrondissement
- Maison de Victor Hugo on the Place des Vosges
- International Center of Photography
- Jeu de Paume at the Tuileries
- Musée des Arts Forains in Bercy: Fairground Attractions
- The Chocolate Museum in Paris: Delicious!
- The Musée de la Magie: Monsieur Houdin and His Magical Cabinets
- The Wine Museum in Paris: Also Has a Great Lunch Restaurant!
- Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature: Taxidermy Paradise
- Musée Carnavalet: the History of the City of Paris
- La Conciergerie: Learn About the French Revolution
- Les Arènes de Lutèce: Go for the Neighborhood
- Le Mémorial de la Shoah: In the Marais
- The Memorial of the Deportation: Behind Notre Dame Cathedral
- Opéra Garnier: Over-the-Top- Gorgeous!