The Orangerie Museum in Paris, Go or Skip?
The Orangerie Museum in Paris is not one of the major museums that everybody feels like they need to visit, the question is: should you go see it or is it one of those you can skip?
If you like this episode, you should also check out Episode 102 about the Rodin Museum because it is also a small museum that doesn’t take hours to see, yet offers amazing world-famous pieces that will blow you mind and introduce you to artists who revolutionized their fields.
Would you like to tour France with Annie and Elyse? Visit Addicted to France to choose an upcoming tour.
Orangerie Museum Episode Highlights
- The Orangerie Museum Building [6’11”]
- What’s an Orangerie Anyway? [8’30’]
- Monet’s influence [10’40”]
- How Monet Took Advantage of His Bad Eyes to His Creative Advantage [11:50]
- Why you must look at Monet’s Paintings Up-Close and then at a Distance [13′]
- A Space for Meditation [14’12”]
- What else is there? [19′]
- Giverny [23’47”]
- Marmotan Museum in Paris [27’26”]
- Annie and Elyse talk about the Inaugural Paris Tour [37′]
- Conclusion: the Orangerie Museum is a lovely place to visit. If you happen to be at the Louvre, you can easily walk through the Tuileries Gardens to go to the Orangerie. Even if you don’t have the time to do that, we recommend taking that short walk through the gardens because it is gorgeous and there are a lot of places you can sit and rest or sit and picnic or simply watch the world go by.
RSS | iTunes | Android | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn Radio