Tour the South West of France with your friends from the Join Us in France Travel Podcast. And if you’d rather do it solo, we tell you about the places you must be sure to visit because we’re nice and we like you!
Would you like to tour France with Annie and Elyse? Visit Addicted to France to choose an upcoming tour.
Places mentioned in this episode: Toulouse, Aeroscopia, Airbus, Bonrepos-Riquet, Carcassonne, Mirepoix, Albi, Cordes-sur-Ciel, Château de Saurs, Cahors, Saint-Cirq-Lapopie, Puycelsi, Penne, Bruniquel, Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val.
Tour the South West of France, Episode 147
- [53”] Thank you Patreon Supporters! New installment of Lunch-Break French.
- [1’56] Resources to Get Started in French: Duolingo App, Coffee Break French, Lawless French.
- [2’46] Extended Show Notes will be out within a few days
- [5’15] Related Episodes: Episode 43 on Saint-Cirq-Lapopie and Episode 62 on Cahors in the Lot
- [6’] Annie’s Personal Update: How Easter works in France
- [7’10] I invite you to connect with me and the Join Us in France community on Facebook.
- [7’55] Start Annie and Elyse Conversation
- [8’25] Tour the South West of France with Annie and Elyse!
- [10’14] Visit Aeroscopia and Airbus
- [10’44] The Tour will also take us to the Pierre-Paul Riquet Château (Bonrepos-Riquet)
- [11’08] Carcassonne and Mirepoix
- [11’39] The tour will take us to Albi
- [12’] Cordes-sur-Ciel
- [12’40] Wine Tasting at the Château de Saurs
- [13’] Informal French Class
- [14’31] Cahors and Saint-Cirq-Lapopie
- [14’55] Why We Can Only Have 7 People
- [16’40] Introduction to Puycelsi, Penne and Bruniquel
- [18’36] Puycelsi
- [22’51] La Forêt de Grésigne
- [26’13] The War Against the Cathars, Raymond VI and Baudouin de Toulouse
- [29’38] Glass-making in this area
- [30’56] Small Place Yet Full of History
- [32’27] Next Stop: the Village of Bruniquel
- [35’34] Bruniquel and Queen Brunehilde
- [43’40] Stop in Penne if Time Permits
- [44’53’] Last stop of the day in Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val
- [50’] The Hundred Foot Journey Was Shot in Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val
- [52’15] A Day Tour of the Medieval Riches of Gorgeous Villages Near Toulouse
- [52’43] All the details of the tour the south west of france with Annie and Elyse are on Addicted to France
Thinking about going beyond Paris and seeing the rest of France? A great place to start is the South West, aka Occitanie. France is a big country and those who look outside of major attractions are rewarded with sweet, genuine experiences of France. Whether you join this tour or decide to travel solo, Puycelsi, Bruniquel, and Saint-Antonin-Noble-Val are places you need to put on your list.
RSS | iTunes | Android | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn Radio