How to Protect Yourself from Pickpockets in Paris, Episode 154
On today’s episode Annie and Elyse discuss how to protect yourself from pickpockets in Paris. We give specific steps anybody can take that will make it less likely that you will be the victim of a pick pocket, but also also steps to mitigate the repercussions if you do get robbed. Let’s not fool ourselves, pickpockets and magicians and they use the same misdirection techniques as magicians. A lot of them are really good at what they do! So if it’s happened to you, don’t feel bad, just do everything you can so it doesn’t happen again.
The only way to make sure nothing bad ever happens is to stay home and do nothing, but we’re not going to do that are we? So, listen to this episode and get some inspiration on how to protect yourself from pickpockets in Paris and go on your next trip full of confidence!
Would you like to tour France with Annie and Elyse? Visit Addicted to France to choose an upcoming tour.
What You Will Learn about in this Episode
Look below the fold for transcript and time stamps.
- Remove as much as you can from your wallet or purse.
- Don’t put anything in your back pocket.
- Don’t put anything in pockets unless they zip or button.
- Only take one credit card and a little bit of cash with you, the rest should stay at the hotel.
- Don’t have your driver’s license on you.
- Don’t carry your passport, only a photocopy.
- Photocopy the front and back of your credit cards and keep them in a safe place just in case you need to call to cancel them.
- Do not bring any checks to France, you can’t use them.
- Notify your bank that you’ll be travelling abroad.
- Don’t bring your work ID.
- Bring a list of all the medications you take and bring enough drugs for your whole stay.
- Only carry one day’s worth of medications on your person.
- Women should carry a purse that they can have across their torso.
- Cargo pants with buttoned pockets are good for men.
- Loose clothing puts you at great risk to be pickpocketed.
- Protect your phone, women should consider keeping it in their bra or in a zipped pocket.
- Put different things in different purse pockets.
- If you don’t live in a large city in the US you are not used to being on alert for theft.
- Photographers need to consider using a holster system like the Peak Design Capture Pro with its accompanying Clutch that Annie now owns and loves.
The only way to never have anything unpleasant happen to you is to stay home. But, if you’re listening to this podcast, you probably don’t want to do that. We agree with you! Paris isn’t any worse than any other big city when it comes to pickpockets, and as a matter of fact, the police that this stuff very seriously, but there are no guarantees.
In this episode we’ve shared some specific suggestions of things you can do to lessen the impact of a adverse pickpocket encounter. If it’s going to happen, at least let’s do things that will lessen the blow.
We’d love to hear your feedback! Comment below or leave a voicemail on 1-801-806-1015
RSS | iTunes | Android | Stitcher Radio | TuneIn Radio Continue reading How to Protect Yourself from Pickpockets in Paris, Episode 154